“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
– I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
– I shall fear only God.
– I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
– I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
– I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Posted in Fresh Scoop!, Images, Posts, Quotes, Uncategorized
- Tagged Career, Death of Loving One, Death Quotes, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Independence, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Mahatma Gandhi, Misery, wisdom
Freedom is not just about a nation being free to choose its leaders. Freedom is more.
Freedom is everyone allowed to have and pursue a dream.
Freedom is every individual who wants to and can rise, is allowed to rise.
Freedom is a decent standard of living. Freedom is a roof on the head, a warm bed at night and food on the table, and not having to worry about those things.
Freedom is feeling safe.
Freedom is praying to whichever God one wants to, and whichever God one doesn’t want to. Freedom is being allowed to not believe in God.
Freedom is being allowed to love. Freedom is being allowed to express that love. Freedom is not judging love. Freedom is allowing straight people to love and be in love. Freedom is allowing gay people to be in love.
Freedom is being allowed to love someone of your own community. Freedom is being allowed to love someone of another community.
Freedom is not being judged for one’s identity. Freedom is not judging anyone on the basis of their identity. Freedom is seeing everyone the same way and not caring whether they are from the North-East or the South-West.
Freedom is a man respecting a woman, a woman respecting a man.
Freedom is having the choice. Freedom is allowing the choice.
Freedom is putting free will right on top of things society’s values.
Freedom doesn’t just come from signing a document or raising a flag.
Freedom comes from retraining the mind. To make it free of prejudice. To live and let live.
Free Country = Free minds.
Happy Independence Day.
Posted in Images
- Tagged Career, Death of Loving One, Death Quotes, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Independence, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Misery, wisdom
It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one.
We all know that our time in this world is limited,
and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up.
And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know.
It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is.
Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.
But Life Hope Never Ends & Life Goes On
Show Must Go On
Posted in Posts
- Tagged Career, Death of Loving One, Death Quotes, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Misery, Motivational Quotes, patience, Show Must Go On, To love life, wisdom
To love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you’ve held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.”
― Ellen Bass
Posted in Posts
- Tagged Career, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Motivational Quotes, patience, Professional Life, To love life, wisdom