I am not a Sunday morning inside four walls
with clean blood
and organized drawers.
I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests
at night when no one else is alive
however you choose to see it
and I live in my own flames
sometimes burning too bright and too wild
to make things last
myself or anyone else
and so I run.
run run run
far and wide
until my bones ache and lungs split
and it feels good.
Hear that people? It feels good
because I am the slave and ruler of my own body
and I wish to do with it exactly as I please.
― Charlotte Eriksson
Posted in Fresh Scoop!, Posts, Quotes
- Tagged Dedication, Fear, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Independence, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Misery, money, money quotes, wisdom
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
― Marianne Williamson,
Posted in Fresh Scoop!, Images, Posts, Quotes
- Tagged Dedication, Fear, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Independence, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Misery, wisdom
“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
– I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
– I shall fear only God.
– I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
– I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
– I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Posted in Fresh Scoop!, Images, Posts, Quotes, Uncategorized
- Tagged Career, Death of Loving One, Death Quotes, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Independence, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Mahatma Gandhi, Misery, wisdom
Freedom is not just about a nation being free to choose its leaders. Freedom is more.
Freedom is everyone allowed to have and pursue a dream.
Freedom is every individual who wants to and can rise, is allowed to rise.
Freedom is a decent standard of living. Freedom is a roof on the head, a warm bed at night and food on the table, and not having to worry about those things.
Freedom is feeling safe.
Freedom is praying to whichever God one wants to, and whichever God one doesn’t want to. Freedom is being allowed to not believe in God.
Freedom is being allowed to love. Freedom is being allowed to express that love. Freedom is not judging love. Freedom is allowing straight people to love and be in love. Freedom is allowing gay people to be in love.
Freedom is being allowed to love someone of your own community. Freedom is being allowed to love someone of another community.
Freedom is not being judged for one’s identity. Freedom is not judging anyone on the basis of their identity. Freedom is seeing everyone the same way and not caring whether they are from the North-East or the South-West.
Freedom is a man respecting a woman, a woman respecting a man.
Freedom is having the choice. Freedom is allowing the choice.
Freedom is putting free will right on top of things society’s values.
Freedom doesn’t just come from signing a document or raising a flag.
Freedom comes from retraining the mind. To make it free of prejudice. To live and let live.
Free Country = Free minds.
Happy Independence Day.
Posted in Images
- Tagged Career, Death of Loving One, Death Quotes, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Independence, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Misery, wisdom
It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one.
We all know that our time in this world is limited,
and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up.
And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know.
It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is.
Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.
But Life Hope Never Ends & Life Goes On
Show Must Go On
Posted in Posts
- Tagged Career, Death of Loving One, Death Quotes, Dedication, Ellen Bass, Hard work, Humanity, humor, Inspirational Quotes, Intelligence quotes, Jobs, love to live her, Misery, Motivational Quotes, patience, Show Must Go On, To love life, wisdom